Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Chapter 2 Question 1


I believe that my biggest strength is my ability to listen to people’s issues. I am a problem solver and I like to make sure what ever issue is being presented in front of me gets resolved. Listening is a very important trait and I feel that if you are capable of listening and hearing other people, in the end it will be beneficial for yourself. My major is social work. I have always wanted to be a person that helps others. I feel that my listening skills can take me very far in my major. Social workers are helpers for society. To be able to understand a situation, a person must first be able to hear out the problem. From there, figuring out a solution is much easier. I already have put my listening skills into use; when my friends or co-workers have an issue I listen to them first and let them say what they need to say and once they are down, I put in my opinion.  Overall, I feel like this ability will take me far in my career. 

3 comments:

  1. Hello Richy,

    Is good to know that you are good at listening others’ issues and problem solver. I think you are born to be a social worker, as those two skills will contribute to your career very much. You can solve your client or patient’s problem by listening to them. I think you chose the right career because of your strengths match your career. I also believe that you are a good listener and your friends will talk to you whenever they have any problems, because you are a problem solver and give advise to them.

    Have a great weekend!

    Adrian (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Richy,

    I think that problem solving is a great strength to have, no matter your major (although this is perfect for yours!). I feel as if people are more talkers instead of problem solvers and listeners now. This strength you have is a great thing for your career, like you said, and it also comes hand in hand with patience! For you to be a listener means that you are patient. Figuring out a solution can take a long time and I feel like people would give up if it took too long. It definitely seems like something I would do :x Anyway, good luck with your future plans!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Richy,

    I'm glad that you are a good listening and want to help other. Listening is a good skill to be good at. To listen well is to understand. If you understand then it helps problems get solved. I don't know if there was ever a situation where someone does not understand the situation but is still able to solve the problem. Sometimes people only listen to what they want but not hear the whole story. That is never the proper way to help someone else with their problem. Listen is also about understanding between the lines. A good listener can understand emotions well. A good example of a bad listener are those who cannot understand sarcasm well.
    -rawrgles

    ReplyDelete