Sunday, September 30, 2012

Chapter 2 Question 3


One topic that I found rather interesting yet I never really think about is faith. I am confused about my faith. I was brought up as a Christian, but over the years I have lost a lot of my faith. I am just unsure about it. I think one of the reasons I have lost my faith is because I have gotten more educated. I now use logic over everything. I also find it rather interesting how strong a faith people have. They have no living proof that God exists, yet they are very certain and I find that respectable and interesting.  Another thing that I find interesting is that there are so many different types of religions and every one that believes in something all thinks that there faith is the right faith. Overall, I do not have a problem with religions people and I respect different faiths as long as they respect me. 

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you. I feel as if religion is such a broad topic with many opinions that are generated throughout the world. I feel as if faith that you speak of is a very important factor and I also agree. Faith is a key subject when it comes to either believing in religion or evolution. I know for myself that I keep faith in believing in God, which to most does not provide much support for it being true. I mean how can you prove that all the findings of his existence true or rather, more impending than scientific explanations? So I believe that faith is truly a key.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, have lost most of my faith throughout the years of growing up simply out of open mindedness to the belief that a God doesn't actually exist. I was raised Catholic and even as a child, I wondered how it could all make sense because anything that had to exist I had to be able to see. Ever since I realized that, I never really believed anymore. I just figured logical reasoning was the only perspective to associate with life. What astounds me is that I thought that at such a young age and that is what essentially steered me in the religious course I'm on now.

    ReplyDelete