Sunday, November 18, 2012

Chapter 12, Question 3


One topic on this section I found rather interesting was the topic about testing the hypothesis. After completing the observations and data collections, testing the hypothesis is was comes next. The hypothesis is a supposition or proposed explanation made on the basis of limited evidence as a starting point for further investigation. When I was in middle school and I was learning about the scientific method we were told the goal is to prove your hypothesis wrong and for me that just did not make any sense, because wouldn’t you want to be right from the beginning? The hypothesis can be very time consuming. It was always okay for having a wrong hypothesis, because that is what science is all about and having experiments to prove it shows the work and that is what makes science so great. One time I thought I lost my phone, my hypothesis was that I lost it in my room, and then I found it in my car. So my hypothesis was wrong. 

No comments:

Post a Comment